Supervisor Bill Reilich and the Greece Town Board partnered with Monroe County to hold a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection at the Town of Greece Department of Public Works Facility on Saturday, October 14, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The Town of Greece and Monroe County provided this service to all Greece residents at no charge.
Up to 30 gallons of the following materials were accepted per appointment at no charge:
- Oil-based & Latex Paint (for 1/3 gallon or less of Latex Paint you simply discard the lid, add kitty litter, let dry and dispose of the can in your regular trash receptacle)
- Wood Stain and Preservatives
- Automotive Fluids (antifreeze; brake power steering and transmission fluids)
- Pesticides & Fertilizers
- Flammable Products (gasoline, kerosene, thinners, strippers, solvents)
- Household Cleaners (liquid soaps & waxes, drain cleaners, etc.)
- Driveway Sealer
- Pool & Photo Chemicals
- Rechargeable (Ni-Cad) & Button Batteries
- Mercury (thermometers, thermostats)
- Syringes / Sharps (safely packaged)
The total amount of waste collected at the Town of Greece Department of Public Works Facility was 22,320 pounds. Over 350 people made appointments to drop off materials.
“I was pleased to partner with Monroe County to hold a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event at the Town of Greece Department of Public Works Facility”. said Supervisor Reilich. “I always enjoy offering these beneficial programs to the community, and am thankful that so many people took advantage of it!”